PSC Pilates Teacher Training –
Our next program begins Feb 20, 2018 at EHF Pilates Studio
760-271-4597 Call or Text for more info.
The Cutting Edge Approach to Pilates Teacher Training. PSC teaches a contemporary approach to the method developed by Joseph Pilates in the 1920s; one that preserves the essence of the original technique but incorporates today’s knowledge and principels. Small class sizes and high contact hours with review and anatomy provided at EHF Pilates in Carlsbad, CA 760-271-4597 (call or text).
- Full Course: (Deposit of $500) $4,900.00 minus deposit for the full program.
OR pay per Modular Course:
Spring 2018 Schedule:
Fundamentals 8 hour / 2 day required course.
- Start Up Program / Fundamentals Feb 20, 22
- Mat Feb 27, March 1, 6, 8, 13, 15
- Reformer March 20, 22, 27, 29, April 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26
- Trap Table May 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17
- Chair May 22, 24, 29, 31, June 5
- Barrels June 7, 12 (this add-on workshop will allow you to sit for the PMA exam and is optional with an additional cost).
- Review and written Exam June 14 – Practical Exam June 19
- Spring courses are held T/TH 12:30- 4:30 pm – $4,900 all-inclusive program register here. or Comprehensive program (which includes the Barrels) $5,200 or Modular program to pay as you take the course.
- OR Private Courses:
- $8,900 (Deposit of $500) (flexible schedule) please inquire!
- OR Modular options, ($100 deposit per module) dates offered above are the same per module, please inquire!
Note: our Modular course fees total $5800 for the comprehensive program (which is now required by the PMA if you want to sit for the exam). If you intend to receive your comprehensive certificate the full program course payment option is more cost-effective. If you are interested in only one course the modular option is best.
EHF Pilates offers a 3 installment plan for the full program, split into 3 equal payments.($100 additional processing fee applies to the total cost – $5300)
Deposit of $500, signed and completed application and acceptance into the program is required 2 week prior to start date to qualify for our payment plan and to receive your book on the first day of class.
Students will learn the Classical and Progressive approach to Pilates all in one program using a beautiful, organized photographic manual. Our instructors are successful, sought after and return to us for continued workshops year after year. Upon completion of your Comprehensive Pilates Teacher Training program, you will be prepared to take the PMA Pilates Certification™ exam if you desire.
This Comprehensive 450+ hour course includes:
136+ classroom hours
75 Apprentice hours (Observation & apprenticeship)
100 hours Practice teaching
40 Self Integration hours
45 Client Assessment Programming project hours
25 Anatomy Thesis project
15 hours additional Pilates professional Observation hours
30 prerequisite hours of Pilates instruction with a qualified instructor required
(more detail below)
Each student will learn:
• Fundamental Pilates principles and philosophies
• Client assessment and alignment protocol
• Anatomy and biomechanics taught using visual aids in an interactive
• Pilates Mat / Reformer / Cadillac / Chair Repertoire / Barrels
• Small apparatus skills utilizing the jump board, magic circle, rotating discs, balance/wobble board, foam rollers, Therabands and balls
• Classical and Progressive Pilates styles with modifications and variations
• Creative training and program development skills for any level of
• Medical anatomical terminology
• Verbal and tactile cueing skills
• Attitude, confidence and composure of a professional instructor
• Studio etiquette and equipment safety
• Ethics and scope of practice
• Understanding indications and contraindications for specific
injuries/dysfunctions and special circumstances
- • Graduates will meet the criteria for, and be prepared to take the Pilates Method Alliance exam.
PILATES TEACHER TRAINING PRE-REQUISITES
•30+ documented hours of well-rounded Pilates instruction with a Qualified Pilates Instructor. (PSC Host Studio will offer you a Student Discount to complete) Completed Application and deposit Personal Liability Insurance if practicing in your Host Studio
Assessment Based Certificate/Diploma issued upon completing all course requirements including, but not limited to:
- 136 hours of Classroom Experience with a PSC Master Trainer Natalie Walker
- 75 hours of Observation/Apprenticeship: Observation (50)/Apprenticeship (25) of/with a qualified instructor
- 100 hours of Practice Teaching/Charting with classmates/friends etc.
- 40 hours of Self Integration (additional Pilates private, semi private or mat class experience with qualified instructor)
- 45 hours Client Assessment and Programming Project – assignment
- 25 hours of an Anatomy Thesis Project – assignment
- 15 hours Pilates Professional Video/DVD Observation
- Passing scores on quizzes, tests, practical exams and projects.
- Our comprehensive program is taught in a 18-week format. You will meet 2X week for 4 hours each class = 136 hours of classroom time.
Requirements are different for Mat only or any Modular Course:
- 20 hours of Observation/Apprenticeship (5 hrs) of/with a qualified instructor
- 25 hours of Practice Teaching/Charting with classmates/family/friends etc.
- 10 hours of Self Integration (additional Pilates private, semi private or mat class experience with qualified instructor)
- 12 hours Client Assessment and Programming Project – assignment
- 5 hours Pilates Professional Video/DVD Observation • Passing scores on tests, practical exams and projects
Please note the price increase for individual modules. EHF Pilates encourages completing the comprehensive program and gives a price incentive to participate in the Comprehensive Program.